I may have done something rather inadvisable last night.... It may have involved not enough Fangria, the combined efforts of myself, safer666
, and a copy of the Top Gear Challenges DVD.
We have created a monster... The Top Gear Drinking Game.
I'm sure there are already versions of drink-along-with-Top-Gear out there, but this is ours. And I'm very very sorry.The Rules:
Divide into three persons or teams. Each team is randomly allocated either Clarkson, May or Hammond.
Watch the DvD.
Drink at the appropriate moments, until no-one is safe to even go near a car, let alone drive it.
Everyone must drink when:
- The presenters graffiti, mess with, sabotage or "help" with each other's vehicles
- One of the presenters addresses the viewer directly.
- They reference another BBC program or presenter.
- Someone is abandoned.
- Whenever you see a golden challenge envelope.
- Someone is particularly Un-PC in their humour.
- The Stig is introduced.
- They play music from the A-Team or someone says "cue the music"
- Someone tempts fate by saying "How hard can it be?" or similar.
- You hear the theme music.
- Something is set on fire.
- Law enforcement agencies (police, coastguard etc) appear.
Each team or person must drink when:
- Their presenter's car breaks down.
- Their presenter's nickname is mentioned.
- Their presenter modifies their vehicle mid-challenge.
- Their presenter wins the challenge.
The specific presenters also have drink conditions:
- Whenever he uses superlative hyperbole ("I am the most miserable man alive!" etc)
- Whenever he wields a hammer or power tool
- Whenever he yells "Come On!!!"
- Whenever he swears, or mentions male genitalia. If he says "Oh Cock", drink twice.
- Whenever anyone mentions or references The War.
- Whenever he goes on about anything overly technical and dull.
- Whenever he loses his temper.
- Whenever someone makes a joke about his height or teeth.
- Whenever he's picky about food.
As if this weren't enough... there is also a Hard Mode. In this, in addition to the above rules, everyone drinks when:
- Particularly Epic music plays
- Your presenter giggles/laughs maniacally
- Your presenter is bragging about their vehicle
- Any time anyone says the word "horsepower"
- Continually drink during tech specs.
- Whenever someone cheats.
- The phrase "You blithering Idiot" is said.
- Your presenter is running on telly.
- Whenever James is singing
- Whenever he gets lost
- Whenever Hammond Yells incoherently
- or says "Brilliant!"
Put it this way, we ran out of Fangria before we ran out of DvDs...