We have created a monster... The Top Gear Drinking Game.
I'm sure there are already versions of drink-along-with-Top-Gear out there, but this is ours. And I'm very very sorry.
Divide into three persons or teams. Each team is randomly allocated either Clarkson, May or Hammond.
Watch the DvD.
Drink at the appropriate moments, until no-one is safe to even go near a car, let alone drive it.
Everyone must drink when:
- The presenters graffiti, mess with, sabotage or "help" with each other's vehicles
- One of the presenters addresses the viewer directly.
- They reference another BBC program or presenter.
- Someone is abandoned.
- Whenever you see a golden challenge envelope.
- Someone is particularly Un-PC in their humour.
- The Stig is introduced.
- They play music from the A-Team or someone says "cue the music"
- Someone tempts fate by saying "How hard can it be?" or similar.
- You hear the theme music.
- Something is set on fire.
- Law enforcement agencies (police, coastguard etc) appear.
- Their presenter's car breaks down.
- Their presenter's nickname is mentioned.
- Their presenter modifies their vehicle mid-challenge.
- Their presenter wins the challenge.
- Whenever he uses superlative hyperbole ("I am the most miserable man alive!" etc)
- Whenever he wields a hammer or power tool
- Whenever he yells "Come On!!!"
- Whenever he swears, or mentions male genitalia. If he says "Oh Cock", drink twice.
- Whenever anyone mentions or references The War.
- Whenever he goes on about anything overly technical and dull.
- Whenever he loses his temper.
- Whenever someone makes a joke about his height or teeth.
- Whenever he's picky about food.
As if this weren't enough... there is also a Hard Mode. In this, in addition to the above rules, everyone drinks when:
- Particularly Epic music plays
- Your presenter giggles/laughs maniacally
- Your presenter is bragging about their vehicle
- Any time anyone says the word "horsepower"
- Continually drink during tech specs.
- Whenever someone cheats.
- The phrase "You blithering Idiot" is said.
- Your presenter is running on telly.
- Whenever James is singing
- Whenever he gets lost
- Whenever Hammond Yells incoherently
- or says "Brilliant!"
Put it this way, we ran out of Fangria before we ran out of DvDs...